- Armored Combat:Friday torchlight tourney starting at about 9 PM (weather permitting); Saturday: William Marshal Style prize tourney and melees ‘till you drop! If raining, we have a covered fighting area and tourney will be a modified bear pit. Fighters must show proof of membership, authorization card and site token.
- Fencing: Authorizations and prize tourney. Fighters must show proof of membership, authorization card, ID and site token.
- Youth Fencing: Youth Fencing tourney will be held
- Youth Boffer: Youth Boffer practice time will be available
- Classes: Various classes will be running all day, including hands-on Bead Making, Leather Working, Bayeux Tapestry, Battle of Bannockburn, Knitting & Felting, Glass Ornament Blowing & Metalworking.
- A&S Contests:
o Populace-vote A&S contests for adults and youth. Please bring your A&S items to display. Documentation optional. One item per entry and entrant must be present at the event to enter.
o Brewing/Vintning contest.
- Coursing of the Queen’s Hounds sponsored by the Middle Kingdom Coursing Guild (weather permitting).
- Bead Rescue: Search the site and help rescue lost or homeless beads!
- Thrown Weapons practice area & competition.
- Merchants are welcome and there is no fee! No indoor space or tables are available. Please bring your own shade. Contact merchant liaison for details & to pre-register. You may set up tents/shades for your wares, but you MAY NOT camp with your merchandise. This is a State Park rule and cannot be violated!
- Other Activities: Harald Hardraada Piñata for children, Dancing and Campfire/Bardic Circle!
- PLEASE NOTE: There will be NO drop-off child-care! Children attending classes must be accompanied by a responsible teen or an adult. There is a lake and woods nearby, with all of the associated poison ivy and insects. Children left un-attended too long will be given an espresso and a free puppy.
- Breakfast Hot English Breakfast!!! No charge, but donations gratefully accepted.
- Lunch will be available for $5.00 for adults, $3.00 for children ages 6-12, free 5 & under. Menu to be provided shortly.
- Feast: A sumptuous feast will tempt your palate & fill your belly!
Sur la Table White Bread, Cheddar & Mozzarella Cheese, Mushroom Tarts, Mints & Fresh Fruit
First Course Beef Stew and Spinach Salad
Second Course Chicken Pie and Honey Carrots
Third Course Fruit Ice
Fourth Course Roast Pork and Stewed Apples
Fifth Course Russian Cream with Fruit Sauce
Tentative Schedule: Please see web page or later fliers for final schedule. Site is on Central Time!
Friday 6:00 PM Site Opens
9:00 PM Torchlight tourney (weather permitting)
Saturday 8:00 AM Troll Opens for Saturday
9:00 AM Rapier Armor Inspection, Authorizations and Tourney to follow
A& S entries may be turned in
10:00 AM Heavy Weapons Armor Inspection & Authorizations
11:00 AM William Marshal Tourney Begins
6:00 PM Feast Begins
Sunday 11:00 AM Site Closes
Site Information: The only reservation is a PAID reservation. Make checks out to SCA Inc-Shire of Riviere Constelle
Send reservations and cabin inquiries to the Gate Keeper. Please also note that this is a campground with associated poison ivy and insects. Please plan accordingly. It can also get very dark at night, so remember your flashlights.
* Camping spots must be pre-reserved through the Indiana Dept. of Natural Resources and you must arrive before 11 PM Friday to set up your tent that night. Tent spots require a two-night reservation.
- Site Fee (for whole weekend): $7.00 for adults (plus the $5.00 NMS if applicable), $6.00 for ages 13-17, $3.00 for children age 6-12, ages 5 and under free. Family Caps: $65.00 for the weekend, which includes site fee and lodging for Friday and Saturday, but not NMS. Day trip family cap of $20 which includes site fee, but not NMS.
- Cabins: Unheated rustic cabins with bunks and/or double beds available in the SCA area for $7 per night for adults, $6 for ages 13-17, $3.50 for children age 6-12, ages 5 and under $1.00 for each bed used. There are pit toilets and sinks near each cabin and a central modern bath house. Cabins can hold 5, 10 or 14 people. Beds will be rented out individually, so if you want to share cabin space as a group, please inform the gate keeper. No bedding provided in cabins. If you want to reserve a whole cabin, please try to send in all reservations together.
- Tent or RV Camping: NO camping allowed in the SCA area, but RVs and tents are allowed elsewhere in the park (not within walking distance). To reserve campsites, go to http://www.indiana.reserveworld.com/ or call 866-622-6746. Attendees are responsible for making their own reservations for RVs/tents and the shire cannot guarantee space availability without reservations. Campers must arrive before 11 PM Friday to set up your tent that night. Electric sites are at “Lake Lincoln Electric Campground” and are $26.00 per night (2 tents/6 person max). Primitive sites at “Gobbler’s Run” and are $15.00 per night (2 tents/6 person max). Two-night stay required.
- Feast: To celebrate our 25th anniversary, feast prices postmarked before October 1 are the same that they were 25 years ago — $8.00; $10.00 if postmarked on or after October 1, half price for children age 6-12, $1.00 for age 5 & under using a chair, babes in arms are free.
- Alcohol: Site is discretely damp, but NO alcohol permitted for anyone under the age of 21! Park Rangers may police for under-aged drinking. Please carry out your alcohol containers at the end of the event and be courteous drinkers.
- Site Accessibility: Limited handicapped accessible – this is a park area with un-paved roads and paths. Some cabins have ramps, so if you need a handicapped-accessible cabin, please let the gate-keeper know when you make your reservations. Main feast hall and bath house is handicapped accessible.
- Pets and service animals are welcome, but except during coursing, all pets must be leashed at all times with leashes less than 6’ in length. Please be courteous and clean up after your animal companion. Per the site rules, non-service animals may not be in the feast hall or cabin areas. Pets can only stay overnight in the camping area.
Motels in the area: Below are standard rates for the weekend of only. Rates are not guaranteed and are subject to change.
(appr. 4 mi. from site)
|91 W. Christmas Bl., Santa Claus,I
N 47579, (812) 937-1902
|$79.99, 1 King or 2 Double beds;
NO Pets Allowed
(10 miles from site):
|I-64 & Hwy 231Dale,
IN 47523, 812-937-7000
|$89.99, 1 King or 2 Queen beds;
Pets allowed availability, $10 fee, no
unattended pets allowed),Indoor pool, hot tub, hot breakfast
(approx. 10miles from site)
|I-64 at US 231, exit #57 Dale, IN 47523, (812) 937-2294||$49.99, beds vary; Pets allowed-limit 1 per room, see web site for rules. Morning coffee|
(12 miles from site)
|481 S. Main St., Ferdinand, IN47532, (812)367-1122||$116.99, 1 King or 2 Queen;
$25/pet/night for 1st night,
$15 for 2nd night, indoor pool, deluxe cont. breakfast, high speed internet, microwave & refrigerator in room
|Quality Inn (approx.19 miles from site):||406 E. 22nd,Huntingburg, IN 47542812-683-2334|| $79.99, 1 King or 2 Double beds; NO pets
Free hot cont. breakfast, Free high-speed Internet Access,
Free Cable TV/HBO, hot tub and outdoor pool
October 10th. Rates are supplied for informational purposes Prices quoted for 2 guests and do not include taxes.
Lady Calyvorri ine Kill (Sylvia Killman), 3933 Forest Lake Drive, Boonville, IN 47601, RendezvousBridge@gmail.com,
THL Accolon Shadowhawk (Henry Hina), 8000 Lauderdale Drive, Evansville, IN 47715, RendezvousBridge@gmail.com,
Reservations: Contact for all reservations except for camping. Please include your e-mail if you wish reservation confirmation. Lady Isabeau (Vickie Snodgrass), 8954 Sharon Road, Newburgh, IN 47630, Isabeau213@yahoo.com, (270) 543-6906 (if no answer, please leave a message).
Dietary Inquiries: Lady Elizabeth Harmsford (Sue Goodloe), (812) 421-1347, e-mail: SAGoodlo@aol.com. Please contact Elizabeth regarding all special dietary needs at least two weeks prior to the event.
Fencing (Adult & Youth): Warder Mark MacKill (Mark Killman) (812) 897-1190, e-mail: email@example.com.
Heavy Weapons: Warder Ceanntighern Macillechallum (James Wright), (812) 604-2056 email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queen’s Greyhounds: THL Corin the Huntsman (Bruce Witt), (859) 992-8075, e-mail: email@example.com.
Thrown Weapons: Lord Mikjall (Michael Wiley Sr.), (502) 535-7051, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Merchants: Lady Erenach ingen ui Ronain (Lisa Crumbley), (270) 993-1776, email: email@example.com
Directions: Take your best route to the intersection with I-64 and Highway 231 near Dale Indiana (exit 57A) and take Highway 231 South. Approximately 5.7 miles south of the intersection, exit onto Highway 162 and turn right at the end of the ramp. Follow signs to Lincoln State park and turn left into the main entrance (about 1.2 miles). Follow this road past the guard shack
(tell the guard you are with the SCA so that they do not charge you the car fee) and follow the camp and SCA signs to the Pine Hills Camp Area.