Rendezvous at the Bridge XXVII
September 30-October 2, A.S. LI (2016)
Lincoln State Park, Lincoln City, Indiana
Cabins and Camping* available! ! !
- Armored Combat: Friday torchlight tourney starting at about 9 PM (weather permitting); Saturday: William Marshal Style prize tourney and melees ‘till you drop! If raining, we have a covered fighting area and tourney will be a modified bear pit. Fighters must show proof of membership, authorization card and site token.
- Fencing: Authorizations and prize tourney. Fighters must show proof of membership, authorization card, ID and site token.
- Preparing for your Initial Rapier Authorization
Battle of Bannockburn Creating Pigments from Stone and Earth
Making Glass Beads
Making Oak Gall Ink
Hound Coursing in the Current Middle Ages
Blown Glass Ornaments
Rise of Feudalism
- A&S Contests:
- Populace-vote A&S contests for adults and youth. Please bring your A&S items to display. Documentation optional. One item per entry and entrant must be present at the event to enter.
- Bead Rescue: Search the site and help rescue lost or homeless beads!
- Coursing of the Queen’s Hounds (weather permitting).
- Thrown Weapons practice area & competition.
- Merchants are welcome and there is no fee! No indoor space or tables are available. Please bring your own shade. Contact merchant liaison for details & to pre-register. You may set up tents/shades for your wares, but you MAY NOT camp with your merchandise. This is a State Park rule and cannot be violated!
- Silent Auction to raise money for our indoor winter fighting site will be running Saturday
- Other Activities: Harald Hardraada Piñata for children, Dancing and Campfire/Bardic Circle! More activities to be added! See our web page or Facebook event page for more details as they become available.
- PLEASE NOTE: There will be NO drop-off child-care! Children attending classes must be accompanied by a responsible teen or an adult. There is a lake and woods nearby, with all of the associated poison ivy and insects. Children left un-attended too long will be given an espresso and a free puppy.
- Breakfast Hot English Breakfast!!! No charge, but donations gratefully accepted.
Sliced Ham & Turkey Breast
- Swiss and Cheddar Cheese
White & Wheat Bread
- Noodles & Cheese (Gluten-Free / Vegetarian)
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Fruit: Apples, Oranges & Bananas
- Dessert Cake & Almond Shortbread
- Iced Tea (Sweet & Unsweet) & Lemonade
- Soft Drinks will be available for $0.50
- Feast: A sumptuous feast will tempt your palate & fill your belly!
- Sur la Table – White Bread, Cheddar & Mozzarella Cheese, Mushroom Tarts, Mints, Fresh Fruit, and Honey Quiche.
- First Course – Beef Stew and Spinach Salad
- Second Course – Chicken Pie and Honey Carrots
- Third Course – Fruit Ice
- Fourth Course – Roast Pork and Stewed Apples
- Fifth Course – Russian Cream with Fruit Sauce
Tentative Schedule: Please see web page or later fliers for final schedule. Site is on Central Time!
Friday 6:00 PM Site Opens
9:00 PM Torchlight tourney (weather permitting)
Saturday 8:00 AM Troll Opens for Saturday
9:00 AM Rapier Armor Inspection, Authorizations and Tourney to follow, A& S entries may be turned in
10:00 AM Heavy Weapons Armor Inspection & Authorizations
11:00 AM William Marshal Tourney Begins
6:00 PM Feast Begins
Sunday 11:00 AM Site Closes
Attention! For those who will be bringing children not their own: There are TWO forms that you will need to bring for each child. They both need to be signed by the child’s parent or legal guardian. ONE MUST BE NOTARIZED per Indiana law.
1) This form needs the notarization and should be kept with the child at all times: http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/treatminor-notary.pdf
2) This form is the usual Minor Waiver: http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/chldwaiv.pdf.
PLEASE have both these forms filled out and signed/notarized where appropriate for each child you will be bringing that you are not the parent or legal guardian of. This requirement is out of our control and the children affected will not be allowed to attend if they are not completed properly before arrival. Thank you.
Site Information: The only reservation is a PAID reservation. Please make checks out to SCA Inc-Shire of Riviere Constelle. Send reservations and cabin inquiries to the Gate Keeper. Please also note that this is a campground with associated poison ivy and insects. Please plan accordingly. It can also get very dark at night, so remember your flashlights.
- Site Fee (for whole weekend): Adults: $13.00; Adult Member Discount Registration: $8; Ages 13-17: $6.00; Children age 6-12: $3.00; Ages 5 and under: free. Family Caps are still being finalized.
- Cabins: Unheated rustic cabins with bunks and/or double beds available in the SCA area for $7 per night for adults, $6 for ages 13-17, $3.50 for children age 6-12, ages 5 and under $1.00 for each bed used. There are pit toilets and sinks near each cabin and a central modern bath house. Cabins can hold 5, 10 or 14 people. Beds will be rented out individually, so if you want to share cabin space as a group, please inform the gate keeper. No bedding provided in cabins. If you want to reserve a whole cabin, please send in all reservations together.
- Tent or RV Camping: Camping spots must be pre-reserved through the Indiana Dept. of Natural Resources and you must arrive before 11 PM Friday to set up your tent that night. Tent spots require a two-night reservation.NO camping allowed in the SCA area, but RVs and tents are allowed elsewhere in the park (not within walking distance). To reserve campsites, go to http://www.indiana.reserveworld.com/ or call 866-622-6746. Attendees are responsible for making their own reservations for RVs/tents and the shire cannot guarantee space availability without reservations. Campers must arrive before 11 PM Friday to set up your tent that night. Electric sites are at Lake Lincoln for $30/night (6 person max, see site rules). Primitive sites at “Gobbler’s Run” and are $19.00 per night (2 tents/6 person max). Two-night stay required.
- Feast: $10.00, half price for children age 6-12, $1.00 for age 5 & under using a chair, babes in arms are free.
- Alcohol: Site is discretely damp, but NO alcohol permitted for anyone under the age of 21! Park Rangers may police for under-aged drinking. Please carry out your alcohol containers at the end of the event and be courteous drinkers.
- Site Accessibility: Limited handicapped accessible – this is a park area with unpaved roads and paths. Some cabins have ramps, so if you need a handicapped-accessible cabin, please let the gate-keeper know when you make your reservations. The feast hall and bath house are handicapped accessible.
- Pets and service animals are welcome, but except during coursing, all pets must be leashed at all times with leashes less than 6’ in length. Please be courteous and clean up after your animal companion. Per the site rules, non-service animals may not be in the feast hall or cabin areas. Pets can only stay overnight in the tent camping area.
Motels in the area: Below are the nightly standard rates for the weekend of October 23rd. Rates are supplied for informational purposes only. Rates are not guaranteed and are subject to change. Prices quoted for 2 guests and do not include taxes.
(appr. 4 mi. from site)
|91 W. Christmas Bl., Santa Claus, IN 47579, (812) 937-1902||$89.99, 1 King or 2 Double beds;
NO Pets Allowed
| Baymont Inn
(10 miles from site):
|I-64 & Hwy 231
Dale, IN 47523, 812-937-7000
|$90.00, 1 King or 2 Queen beds; Pets allowed (limited availability, $10/night/pet, up to 2 pets up to 51# each)
Indoor pool, hot tub, hot breakfast
|Motel 6 (approx. 10 miles from site)||I-64 at US 231, exit #57
Dale, IN 47523, (812) 937-2294
|$55.99, beds vary; Pets allowed ($10/night, up to 2 pets, see web site for rules), Morning coffee|
(13 miles from site)
|123 Scenic Hills Court, Ferdinand, IN 47532, (812) 998-2121||$120.00, 1 King or 2 Queen; NO Pets Allowed, indoor pool, hot breakfast, high speed internet, microwave & refrigerator|
|Quality Inn (approx. 19 miles from site):||406 E. 22nd,
Huntingburg, IN 47542
|$75.00, 1 King or 2 Double beds; NO pets
Free hot cont. breakfast, Free high-speed Internet Access, Free Cable TV/HBO, outdoor pool & hot tub
More details and additions will be made in the future.
Please see our web page for the latest updates:
- Mistress Kirsten Thorsteinsdottir (Donna Herum), 7155 Woods Drive, Newburgh, IN 47630, (812) 202-3108, RendezvousBridge@gmail.com.
- Lady Sighni Alvadottir (Beth Ivers), 3500 Stanmore Drive, Evansville, IN 47715, (812) 449-8820 RendezvousBridge@gmail.com.
Reservations: Contact for all reservations except for camping. Please include your e-mail if you wish reservation confirmation. Lady Isabeau (Vickie Snodgrass), 8954 Sharon Road, Newburgh, IN 47630, Isabeau213@yahoo.com, (270) 543-6906 (if no answer, please leave a message).
Dietary Inquiries: Sir Ragnarr Arnbjornsson (Kevin Reid), (812) 853-5675, e-mail: Reid_KSCA80@hotmail.com. Please contact Ragnarr regarding all special dietary needs at least two weeks prior to the event.
Rapier Combat: Lord Trefor Synklar (Trevor St.Clair) (812) 664-5924, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heavy Weapons: Warder Ceanntighern Macillechallum (James Wright), (812) 604-2056 email: email@example.com.
Merchants: Lady Erenach ingen ui Ronain (Lisa Crumbley), (270) 993-1776, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions: From the North/East/West: Take your best route to the intersection with I-64 and Highway 231 near Dale Indiana (exit 57A) and take Highway 231 South. Approximately 5.6 miles south of the intersection, exit onto Highway 162 and turn right at the end of the ramp. Follow signs to Lincoln State park and turn left into the main entrance (about 1.2 miles). Follow this road past the guard shack (tell the guard that you are with the SCA so that they do not charge you the car fee) and follow the camp and SCA signs to the Pine Hills Camp Area.